The standard isolation system installed on rooftop solar panels fails to provide safe isolation and has been the cause of numerous fires throughout the world. The placement of this DC switch/isolator has done nothing to stop the generation of the lethal DC voltages required for solar generation. As shown in the diagram below placing the DC switch/isolator both on the roof AND next to the inverter will still leave lethal accumulated DC voltage within the panels and associated wiring (outlined in red on the diagram below).
The Remote Solar Isolator is different in that it tackles the problem of DC isolation at the source (i.e. before the panels combine to lethal d.c voltages). The (RSI) is capable of simultaneously isolating solar panels, stopping the combining of panel voltages and limiting the system voltage to the safety of Extra Low Voltage (outlined in green on the diagram below). This disconnection can be performed either at the switchboard, or remotely by disconnecting the supply voltage.
The engineered RSI is the most technologically advanced protection system involving solar generation. It is the only isolating system that provides the:
- Ability to switch off both locally and remotely.
- Defined isolating air gap between combining panels (Safest Isolation)
- Ability to clearly indicate safe solar panel isolation via existing inverter.
- Ability to switch off when a predetermined temperature has been reached (if heat is detected from a fire the entire system will safely shut down).
- Ability to shut down solar generation independent from the solar panels.
- Simply Retrofitted to any new or existing system.
- Cost effective and safe.